Joseph Rowntree Foundation
JRF is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. It is based in York, with offices in London and Glasgow and partners in Cardiff and Belfast, as well as in other parts of the UK. Awarded the prestigious Social Policy Think Tank of the Year in both 2017 and 2018, JRF has a long tradition of working on social policy but is now strongly focused on solving poverty in the UK, by developing new approaches as well as influencing change in existing policies, to achieve our outcomes.
At JRF and Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT), we share two overarching outcomes:
- Everyone has a decent home in a good place.
- Everyone has good living standards and prospects.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation’s vision is for a prosperous UK without poverty. Our mission is to inspire action and change to solve UK poverty. Over the next decade, we are working with others to build public and political will to solve UK poverty, on credible solutions, and on holding governments and others to account for their actions on poverty.
JRF works to a social change model where we develop and deliver long-term plans aimed at tackling the root causes of UK poverty, in pursuit of the following outcomes:
- More people want to solve poverty, understand it and take action.
- More people find a route out of poverty through work.
- More people find a route out of poverty through a better system of social security.
- More people live in a decent, affordable home.